- Client: Arizona Science Center
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
- Completion Date: September 2015
- Area: 3,500 square feet of exhibition space
- Exhibition and public programs requirements
- Innovative experience space
- Foster conversation, creativity, observation
- Operate separate from rest of center
“CREATE! at Arizona Science Center is a place where science, design, and engineering collide. Inspired by the productivity of an inventor’s workshop, the creativity of an art studio, the experimentation of a lab, and the connectivity of a commons,”
The design was centered on three target audiences: school groups, families and common to both “novices and experts.” For “novices and experts,” CREATE! was designed to support local and regional communities of makers, designers, artists, and engineers. CREATE! will provide safe starting points for new participants while also being a resource for established makers and designers who want to explore new ideas and share their knowledge with others.
CREATE! Consists of a The Café, The Commons
Challenge Spaces and Resource Centers.