- Client: Liberty Science Center
- Location: Jersey City, NJ
- Completion Date: July 2007 - 2011
- Area: 3,000 sq. ft.
The Breakthroughs gallery is designed to allow museums to address newsworthy and relevant topics in science and technology in a timely manner. The physical structure of the exhibition is completely adjustable and is built upon on a mobile system to allow for different placements and a variety of different experiences. Graphics and interactive elements can be “plugged in” where needed. This allows for exhibits to be changed quickly and inexpensively. In addition, this system is very “green” as it is reused over and over again. Subjects covered as of 2011 included:
- Polar Perspectives – the International Polar Year
- Get Your Gadget On – review of the Gadgetoff event
- Vote Science – science positions of the 2008 Presidential election
- NASA: The Next 50 Years – a celebration of NASA’s 50th Anniversary
- Water: Too Much, Too Little? 400 Years after Henry Hudson – global issues of water shortages and rising water levels.